Minnesota Wedding Vendors We Love: 4 Minnesota Florists
When we decided to come up with our Minnesota Wedding Vendors We Love blog series, we decided we would start with YOU! We asked on our Instagram story in March about what wedding vendors were hardest to choose. The top two results: VENUES & FLORISTS. We’ve already touched on some of our favorite places to exchange your vows, which means this post is all about the florals!
Without further ado, MINNESOTA FLORISTS.
These are florists that we’ve worked with or share similar styles with those that we’ve loved!
Lois designed the absolutely gorgeous florals for Sara & Tom’s October wedding! The bouquets truly were masterpieces and stood the test of time: group portraits before the ceremony! Sara & Tom’s wedding was based in Minnetonka, MN.
Moody Hues Floral came recommended to us from Angelica of Whiskey Kiss Events! Their work is simply beautiful and we’d love to photograph a wedding featuring their florals! Here’s a little more about the ladies behind the blooms:
Moody Hues is made up of two best friends, Ashley and Emily. They met in Eau Claire, WI where Emily owned her own floral business and Ashley was attending school for business. After embarking on a new journey in Minneapolis, the two ladies decided to jointly start Moody Hues. They love to push the envelope when it comes to flower choice. They want to open people’s minds about different styles and textures and bring your floral fantasies to life.
Ashley and Emily were also so kind to share some tips with our brides about how to select a florist for your wedding!
5 tips for selecting a florist for your wedding
1. Do some research! Check out websites and/or Instagrams and find florists in your area whose design style you like. There is quite a range in styles so this is an important first step.
2. Find a florist you feel comfortable with and trust that they understand your vision!
3. Know your colors, look and feel, items you are wanting and general budget before you reach out to florists. This will make it much easier to pick florists to meet with as well as help the flow of the consultation!
4. Be honest! If a florist suggests something you don’t really like during the consultation or things are getting outside your budget, let the florist know these things in the moment. A good florist will take that information and come up with different ideas or cost saving measures.
5. Pinterest is a double edged sword. On the one hand it is great and inspiring, but on the other it can set up unrealistic expectations. Florists cannot exactly recreate any Pinterest photo. They work with live product that is never guaranteed to come in looking and working the exact same as a picture may present it. Pinterest also can cause unrealistic budgets. This is why it is important to have a budget in mind prior to your consultation.